For the past 12 years, TRLF has been running the Mitumba (or “recycled goods” in Kiswahili) Project where specific used items that are in good resalable condition are collected and sorted by TRLF staff and volunteers over a period of a month or so. These items are sent to the Tana Delta in Kenya to assist beneficiaries earn additional household income through the sale of these recycled goods.
In 2016, over 60 households in Tana Delta benefited from the project as beneficiaries were able to cater for their family’s development needs, including paying school fees and medical bills from sale of items collected. By providing the women with a supplementary income over a period of 6 months, this project nurtures self-reliance and dignity. It also gives our youth volunteers an opportunity to assist members of communities who are at a disadvantage to overcome the many challenges they face, especially in educating their children.
We will be collecting once again this year and we thank you in advance for your generosity.
Collection Details :
- Dates : Saturday 18th March to Sunday 26th March 2017
- Times : Sundays from 10am to 5pm; all other days from 10am to 7pm
- Venue : Tented area at the Nativity Church Kindergarten carpark
- Map : http://www.streetdirectory.com/sg/nativity-church/98-hougang-avenue-8-538791/109173_89002.html
- Request List : https://tanariverlife.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/2017-mtb-request-list.pdf
- Volunteers will be available to receive your donations during this period.
- Due to congestion at the carpark, we will not be able receive items after 5pm on Sundays.
- Please use the FIRST entrance along Hougang Ave 8 leading to the Nativity Church Kindergarten (facing Punggol Park). DO NOT use the main entrance to Nativity Church along Upper Serangoon Road nor the second entrance along Hougang Ave 8 as you will NOT be able to reach the collection point from these entrances.
- As we are being hosted at an institution of public worship, please DO NOT leave your
items in the car park outside the collection period.
- We are unable to extend the collection period due to logistical constraints..
- For further information, you may contact us at 9833-8401 or via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Do visit our blog at www.tanariverlife.wordpress.com for
more information and updates on this and our other programmes.
If you would like to download a PDF copy of this letter, click here.
Thank you for your support and God bless.
Gabriel Teo Kian Chong
23rd February 2017
If you need clarifications, please contact us using the form below :